Women’s College Hospital
Website design and development for esteemed Toronto hospital
As part of their bold vision for the future, Women’s College Hospital (WCH) required new websites for both the hospital and their research institute, two projects that would need to run concurrently in time for a joint launch. The sites had to work well on all devices and browsers, and have a refreshed, optimized information architecture that properly served the client’s broad user base. Additionally, both sites needed to be compliant with incoming 2021 accessibility legislation. A tall, but exciting order.
Following our in-depth consulting process, we uncovered the following insights:
- Users wanted the website to be fast and easy to find information
- Bright, bold visuals are helpful, users did not want long text
- Accessibility is key, and controls for it should be built into the site
- It must be very easy to find the contact information
- Mobile-friendly is crucial with over half of the site hits coming from a mobile device
- Intuitive information architecture is important, with hundreds of pages on the website, we needed to make pages intuitive to find via good site structure and intuitive navigation
- A dynamic, responsive search was vital
Working closely with the WCH team, Intent designed, developed and produced two fully AODA compliant sites incorporating the hospital’s distinct branding, bright bold visuals and an intuitive flow for visitors.
The site works equally well on desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
We provided turnkey services to WCH, including close collaboration with their specified CMS partner, ModX, and were able to achieve all of our client’s objectives for the project. We continue to work closely with WCH on many exciting and rewarding projects both online and in print.
“We engaged Intent to work with us on our hospital website, their team was extremely collaborative and creative through concept, design and technical development. We appreciate their in-depth knowledge and experience in healthcare communications, as well as their commitment to being transparent, responsive and great partners on projects. We are so pleased with the results and the experience of working with such a passionate, professional and quality-driven team.”